Rope Access Technician (Level 3)
A SAQA Registered Designation and qualifying learners are registered and licensed with the IWH-PB.
Trained and Assessed against:
US 229997 “Select equipment and rig ropes for rope access projects”
US 230001 “Supervise rope access teams and perform advanced manoeuvres and rescues”
NQF Training Accredited by: SAQA, SSETA and IWH - PB
Who needs this Training: Rope access team leaders, planning and supervising technical rope access jobs/sites, preforming rescues from all rope systems, risk assessment and implementing a fall protection plan. Learners working towards competence in this unit standard will be a person using rope access techniques to access work to be performed, where advanced rope access skills are required.
Duration: 2 Days Theory and 6 Days Practical
Entry Requirements: Original Certified copy of I.D Document, valid copy of OHS Medical Certificate stating fitness for Work at Height. Learners MUST be proficient in English reading and writing and Mathematical Literacy up to the level of Grade 12. Copy of current Rope Access Level 2 US229996 Certificate, Must provide a logbook with a total of 2 000 approved running hours within a 3 year period. Of these a 1 000 hours must be as a Level 2 Rope Access Technician in a 1 year period and Copy of current First Aid Level 1 Certificate.
The Qualifying Learner is Capable of:
- - Selecting equipment for a rope access project.
- - Explaining requirements for equipment inspections and storage.
- - Determining safe loads for rope access projects.
- - Placing anchors, rig ropes for work and rescue situations.
- - Performing advanced rope access manoeuvres.
- - Performing advanced rescues from any position.
- - Organising worksite in accordance with legal and safety requirements.
- - Organising work sites and work projects.
- - Supervising rope access work teams.