Basic Fall Arrest Technician
An approved skills programme and qualifying learners are registered and licensed with the IWH-PB.
Trained and Assessed against:
US 229998 “Explain and perform fall arrest techniques when working at height”
NQF Training Accredited by: SAQA, SSETA and IWH - PB
Who needs this Training: Learners wishing to acquire the competencies in this standard will be, people working at height where there is a risk of injury from a fall. Learners will be involved in performing tasks at height. Qualifying learners are able to follow fall arrest principles to perform work at height safely, under supervision of a qualified supervisor.
Duration: 1.5 Days
Entry Requirements: Original Certified copy of I.D Document, valid copy of OHS Medical Certificate stating fitness for Work at Height. Learners MUST be proficient in English reading and writing, up to the level of Grade 7
The Qualifying Learner is Capable of:
- - Explaining the use and limitations of a limited range of fall arrest equipment and regulations.
- - Inspecting, assembling and storing fall arrest equipment.
- - Selecting suitable anchor points.
- - Using fall arrest systems with a double lanyard.
- - Use pre-installed vertical and horizontal life-lines and explain reducing risks during rescue.