Fall Arrest Technician (Basic Rescue)
An approved skills programme and qualifying learners are registered and licensed with the IWH-PB.
Trained and Assessed against:
US 229995 “Install, use and perform basic rescues from fall arrest systems and implement the fall protection plan”
US 229998 “Explain and perform fall arrest techniques when working at height”
NQF Training Accredited by: SAQA, SSETA and IWH - PB
Who needs this Training: Learners wishing to acquire the competencies in this standard will be people working at height where there is a risk of injury from a fall. Learners will be involved in performing tasks at height. Qualifying learners are able to take responsibility for inspection and installation of fall arrest systems and for implementing fall protection plans and rescues.
Duration: 3 Days
Entry Requirements: Original Certified copy of I.D Document, valid copy of OHS Medical Certificate stating fitness for Work at Height. Learners MUST be proficient in English reading and writing, up to the level of Grade 10
The Qualifying Learner is Capable of:
- - Explaining the use of a range of fall arrest equipment and knowledge of applicable regulations.
- - Explaining and using basic rope knots.
- - Installing and using fall arrest systems.
- - Inspecting and assembling fall arrest equipment and systems.
- - Interpreting and implementing a fall protection plan.
- - Performing basic fall arrest rescues to bring a casualty down to safety.